Labels

August 17, 2011

Camp Bagels


This idea came from a restaurant in DeLand, Florida where I went to undergrad. (Go Stetson!) I guess it is something they were served at camp when they were little.  It seemed like a strange combination of ingredients but I and everyone else who has tried them has liked them. You can even make these on those miniature bagels for a cute brunch or party food. I used to make them for my Christmas Cookie Swap brunch when I lived in Jacksonville (sniff sniff, miss you guys).



Ingredients
  • Bagel (plain, onion, everything or some other savory flavor)
  • Cream cheese
  • Diced red onion
  • Tomato slices
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Dried basil (you could use dill as well, but I prefer basil)
Directions. Toast the bagel. Schmear with cream cheese and add red onion.  Top that with a slice of tomato, cheese and a sprinkle of basil. Heat in oven or under broiler to melt the cheddar and warm everything up. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Those are my most favorite breakfast treat! Besides scones..which I would LOVE to try if you do in fact make them with your scone pan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Next time I am headed up to Jax for work I will try to remember to bake some scones. Any preference for flavor?

    ReplyDelete