Labels

July 28, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Wings on the Big Green Egg

My hubby grilled up these chicken wings for me. Delicious! The glaze reminds me of a sweet teriyaki sauce with hints of garlic. The glaze caramelized while they were on the grill making them look a little burnt but they tasted perfect!

First things first, the marinade/glaze
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
  • 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 Tbsp. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce (I skipped this. I didnt want to buy a bottle of oyster sauce for one recipe!)
  • 1 Tbsp. tomato ketchup
  • 1-3 tsp. chili sauce (to taste - I didn't taste the heat at all, so you may want to add more if you like it hot) 


The rest is pretty simple. Mix all the above ingredients and marinate the wings for up to 24 hours. We did it for about an hour and it was fine. Grill the wings until cooked through (about 25 minutes). Periodically baste with the leftover glaze.




 Enjoy!


 For the real recipe without my changes go here:
http://thaifood.about.com/od/quickeasythairecipes/r/easybbqwings.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment