Labels

July 25, 2011

A Pinch of Joy

Welcome to my new blog! I created "Pinch of Joy" in order to share a little bit of joy with all of you. For me, joy comes in all forms, but especially when I am cooking, enjoying a drink or traveling. I guess most of you can relate to one if not all of these!

My name is Joy. I have no formal training as a chef, bartender or travel agent. I am actually a lawyer for a bank. But I needed a way to express my creative side and that option just isn't available in my day to day work. So here we are....

My goal is to share with you different recipes I find and try. I will share whether I love them, hate them, or totally mess them up! We have all been there, right?! I tend to measure in "glugs" and "pinches" (as my grandmother did) and to tweak things depending on ingredients i have on hand or my preferences. I have enough rules to follow during the day, I don't feel like I need to follow a recipe too! This needs to be fun :) I hope everyone can relate and can have fun in the kitchen along with me.

I also can't wait to share some of my travel adventures! Whether the trip is close to home and I plan the whole menu, or across the ocean with foods I cant pronounce I hope to share with you the joy I get from getting away and hopefully inspire you to take a get-away of your own.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment