White Chocolate Almond Raspberry Scones
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ pint raspberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped or slivered almonds (unsalted)
- ½ cup + ¼ cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk, for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Mix the eggs, cream and almond extract and quickly add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Combine until just blended. Toss together gently with your fingers the raspberries, almonds and ½ cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of flour and fold them into the dough.
I used the Williams Sonoma mini scone pan. Just spray your pan with cooking spray. Spoon in dough and press down lightly until about 1/2 full, brush with egg wash and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Roll the dough
Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and press out the dough until 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch squares and then in half diagonally to make triangles. Brush the tops with egg wash. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes, until the outside is crusty and the inside is fully baked.
White Chocolate Drizzle
Melt the ¼ cup white chocolate chips and tbsp Crisco in the microwave (20 seconds at a time at ½ power, stirring frequently). Drizzle on cooled scones.